If you are about to put your house on the market, you likely have a long list of cleaning and renovation chores to tackle to make your home look as appealing and valuable as possible. One easy upgrade you might not have thought of yet is investing in new garage door installation in McDonough, GA. While a garage door will rarely be the thing to actually make or break a sale, it is one of several factors that can give your home the extra push it needs to get sold faster, and perhaps even catch a higher offer. For those who are planning to put their homes on the market soon, here are five reasons why you might want to consider new garage door installation in McDonough, GA.
- Enhance curb appeal: “Curb appeal” is a phrase that has trickled down from the real estate field, and has become almost a household phrase at this point. As any real estate enthusiast will tell you, curb appeal simply refers to how attractive a home looks from the outside, as if someone is viewing it from the curb. While interior appeal is highly important as well, curb appeal is what will draw potential buyers in, and it’s also high on the wish list of many first time homebuyers. A new, high quality garage door will help to increase your home’s overall curb appeal, which is invaluable on the real estate market.
- Safety: Installing a strong new garage door with extra security features will be attractive to many buyers, especially those with young children. This aspect will be particularly important if your garage attaches to your home, as many intruders break in through the garage.
- New possibilities: These days, many homeowners are choosing to convert their garages into extra family rooms, game rooms, home gyms, home theaters, rental studio apartments and more. When you’re replacing your garage door, go the extra mile by also installing ample insulation in your garage. This easy step will prove very attractive to homeowners, as insulation will make your garage a more comfortable environment for a potential second purpose.
- Quality material: These days, most real estate buyers are looking for quality above all else. They want materials that don’t just look good, but that are also built to last. Investing in a high quality new garage door will help add to your home’s impression of being sturdy, stable and valuable.
- Increased value: Finally, you may find that a new garage door not only increases attention from potential buyers, but can also help you secure a higher asking price. According to recent studies, most garage door replacements increase a home’s overall value by between one and four percent. That jump is usually higher than what you actually pay to purchase and install the garage door. That means that if you plan on selling soon, a new garage door is really a no-brainer when it comes to making the most money possible off of your house.
To learn more about how garage door installation in McDonough, GA can help you sell your home, contact Affordable Dock & Door today.