If it’s time to shop for new garage door openers in McDonough, GA, but you’ve kept moving the task to the bottom of your to-do list because you’re not sure how to start the process, reading these tips will bring you up to speed on what to consider when making your purchase. From there, you’ll be able to start the purchasing process. Here are five factors to keep in mind:
- Pay attention to how you want to control the lights: The experts recommend choosing an option for your garage door opener that allows you to control the lights in your garage separately from the opening or closing of the garage door. You might also decide that a garage door opener model that includes a motion sensor, which will automatically turn on the lights when someone is in the garage, is the right choice for you.
- Consider whether you’d like to add a keyless entry feature: This is typically an optional feature, but you may decide that it makes sense for your needs. If you opt for keyless entry, a keypad will be mounted beside the garage door. Upon entering the correct code, the garage door will open. This can be useful if you are worried about locking yourself out of your garage or if you don’t want to rely on using a key.
- Find out about the safety features that your garage door opener can control: Your garage door opener is designed to open an extremely heavy door—some garage doors may weigh as much as 600 pounds—so it’s essential to think through safety features. All garage door openers made in the past 20 years or so must have sensors to prevent your garage door from hitting anyone who may be in the door’s path. Many garage door openers also have an automatic reverse feature, which stops the door from moving and clears the door from any object in its path. Features like these help keep people, pets and cars safe if they accidentally come into the path of the garage door when it is moving.
- Contemplate whether you need a battery backup: This feature, which is typically not automatically included with most garage door openers, allows you to continue to use your garage door opener even if a power outage occurs. If you opt not to have a battery backup for your garage door opener, look for a garage door opener with a manual release so that you will still be able to open and close the garage door if you lose power.
- Think about the ability for remote check-ins: Some garage door openers may allow you to learn whether your garage door is open or closed, and to open or close it remotely via an Internet connection built into the controllers of the door openers.
Now that you have an idea for which garage door openers in McDonough, GA might be the right fit for your home or business, it’s time to schedule an appointment for service. Affordable Dock & Door is a locally owned and family-run business that aims to be your go-to service for all of your garage door needs. Our skilled and experienced technicians can handle any installation, service or repair, no matter how big or small. Contact us today!