Residential homes are not the only structures that have garages. Of course, you know that commercial and industrial buildings have them, too, although their garage doors are typically larger and designed differently. For example, huge roll-up garage and loading dock doors are found at large supermarkets, department stores, storage warehouses, automotive shops and home goods stores. Overhead metal garage doors are a popular choice of commercial building owners, but they can choose from a selection of door designs and sizes that are within their price range.
Owning a commercial garage door means you must maintain it. So when do you know it’s time to look into commercial garage door service in McDonough, GA? Here are five indications that your doors may need service or repairs:
- You feel something is wrong: The best-case scenario is for commercial door problems to be discovered while they are still minor, before they become a costly burden. By practicing preventative maintenance on a regular basis, your business operation can avoid work delays due to door malfunctions. Call the pros immediately if you feel that something is wrong with any of your commercial garage doors.
- You want to avoid downtime: Businesses that utilize industrial overhead garage doors are usually moving products. So when there’s a garage door malfunction, all work and operation is likely going to experience unplanned downtime. For safety reasons and to get ahead of problems, get commercial doors inspected regularly—even if they appear to work just fine. Regular service will also extend the life of your doors.
- You want better garage door protection: Unexpected door damage is a very real issue—especially if your business involves heavy machinery or hazardous materials. Luckily for you, commercial garage door specialists can evaluate your doors to see if they can be reinforced with added protection. They may also share easy preventative tips to help protect your garage doors from damage.
- It’s been awhile since it was serviced last: Do you remember the last time you had your commercial doors inspected by a professional? If not, you need to check your company records to see when your last commercial garage door service in McDonough, GA took place. Keep in mind that commercial-grade doors subjected to normal use can benefit from a complete inspection and tune-up at least once a year. Has it been longer than a year? Contact a garage door specialist soon!
- There’s damage or oddities: Sometimes, there is obvious damage to your business garage doors, whether it can be explained or not. This includes visual damage on interior or exterior panels, like dents, holes and rusted spots, as well as noticing strange noises or even odd smells when the door is in operation. A door that is not opening and closing as smoothly as it used to be is another sign that it may need service.
Whether your business building garage is in need of commercial garage door service in McDonough, GA, a new garage door opener or parts replacement, Affordable Dock & Door has you covered. Call us today to schedule an appointment.