Your garage door is probably something you don’t spend much time thinking about until something goes wrong with it, but keep in mind that this is a piece of heavy machinery you use several times every single day. Therefore, it’s important to be on the lookout for potential signs of wear and tear and to schedule preventative maintenance to make sure your door and motor will last you long into the future.
At Affordable Dock & Door, we are currently offering garage door tune-ups for the special price of $79. Here are a few signs you need a garage door tune-up from a residential garage door service in McDonough, GA:
- Unusual grinding noises: This is one of the first problems people notice in their garage door—a grinding or scraping noise that should not be there. Pay attention to the sounds your garage door makes, and if you start to hear unfamiliar noises, there could be loose hardware or a buildup of debris on the tracks of the garage door.
- Worn rollers: If you take a close look at your garage door and notice the rollers are worn down, chipped or cracked, this is a definite sign that you should schedule some garage door maintenance. These rollers are crucial for the smooth functioning of your garage door.
- Your door does not run as smoothly as it should: Is there any sort of unsteadiness or hitching while your garage door opens or closes? If so, this is a sign that certain parts of the door, such as tracks, bolts or hinges, need maintenance.
- The track is bent: This is a problem that’s easily avoided by getting regular maintenance done on your garage door. But if you see a bend in the track, you need to get your door fixed as soon as possible to avoid the door being stuck shut.
- The weather stripping is worn down: every now and then, take a look at the weather stripping at the bottom of the door. If it is brittle or broken, you should have it replaced to keep your garage protected from the elements.
What’s included in a garage door tune-up?
The first step in any garage door tune-up is to look at all the hardware, cables, weather strips, brackets, electrical points and anything else the door uses to operate. The technician is looking for signs of loose or dirty hardware during this process, and will tighten or clean them as necessary.
Next, the technician will lubricate the garage door’s springs to prevent a buildup of corrosion, ensuring those springs will last longer. The technician will also clean out debris from the tracks, as obstructions could cause the door to fall off its track and become a safety hazard.
Finally, the technician will perform any other tasks needed to increase or ensure the long-term safety of your garage door so you don’t have to worry about your family or vehicles being hurt or damaged.
For more information about garage door preventative maintenance, or to schedule a $79 tune-up, contact our residential garage door service in McDonough, GA today.