If you use a loading dock at your business, you rely on its consistent performance and reliable function to ensure that you can keep productivity up at your facility. Unfortunately, loading docks aren’t invincible, and they will eventually develop problems that require repair and, in some cases, replacement. Oftentimes, business owners become aware of sudden issues that prevent loading dock use, but these problems usually take a long time to develop. With that in mind, you should inspect your loading dock regularly to check for signs that you need dock repair service in McDonough, GA:
- Grooved dock platform: Older dock platforms often begin to develop grooves and waves as the steel surface is stretched and worn. Excessive wear and tear in your steel can be caused by a lack of maintenance, consistent overloading or simply natural wear and tear. Regardless of the source of the problem, it’s important to stop using your deck platform and get it evaluated and repaired by a professional as soon as possible to prevent further damage and potential injury.
- Rust and corrosion: Rust and corrosion commonly develop on steel in humid climates and coastal areas, but virtually any metal is vulnerable to these issues to some extent. While it’s normal to observe some minor oxidation as your loading dock ages, widespread rust and corrosion can be a major issue that weakens your dock and inhibits proper operation.
- Cracked beams: Steel welds are designed to be strong, durable and long-lasting, but they can develop cracks over years or decades of use. You should inspect the welds on your dock beams for cracks on a regular basis. Even small cracks and signs of distress can lead to major issues if they aren’t handled appropriately. You should hire a professional who specializes in dock repair service in McDonough, GA to inspect your welds and determine whether any repairs may be necessary.
- Ineffective operation: If your dock leveler isn’t raising, the lip isn’t extending or it seems to be operating very slowly and inconsistently, it’s time to call for repair services. These problems can be caused by a number of different things, so it’s important to get a professional to help you figure out the source of the issue.
- Improper alignment: Even a minor issue with alignment can impede the proper operation of your dock leveler. If you notice that your dock leveler is not level with the floor of your dock, or if it’s sitting at an angle, you need to have it professionally recalibrated and realigned.
Call for dock repair service in McDonough, GA
At Affordable Dock & Door, we know how important it is to keep your loading dock in the best shape possible, and we’re here to help. Our team has been providing dock repair service in McDonough, GA for 25 years, and we continue to hold a great reputation among our customers. Right now, when you choose us for garage door or loading dock repair, you can enjoy $25 off the cost of your service. To find out more about what we have to offer and to claim your discount, simply give us a call today and mention our promotion!