Ah, the trusty garage door. It keeps your garage and all of its contents safe from intruders and wild weather patterns and plays a big role in your home’s curb appeal. When garage doors look and function well, they often go unnoticed, but when they are an eyesore or need repair, they can take up a lot of mental energy.
If you think you may be in need of garage door repair in McDonough, GA, check out this handy list of signs that you should take the plunge and call an expert for help:
- Remote control woes: If you find yourself clicking your remote and waiting, then clicking again and again until your garage door finally moves, it’s probably time for you to do something. You likely can either replace the batteries for a quick fix or have the remote itself repaired or replaced. Thankfully, all the solutions to this problem are fairly cost effective.
- A noisy door: Just like with car problems, one of the first ways you can tell something is wrong with your garage door is when you notice some loud noises that you hadn’t heard previously. If you hear a louder sound than normal, or a new sound, your garage door either needs some lubrication on the springs or a more costly motor repair or replacement.
- A door that won’t budge: You might be used to pressing your remote and watching the garage door magically open, but it’s also important that you’re able to manually open the door in case of an emergency or power outage. If you can’t lift it, it usually means that the springs are worn out or broken.
- A dented door: This is a pretty clear sign that you need repairs, whether your door received a dent from a baseball gone wild or a tap from a car. It’s good to fix dents quickly, as they can cause issues in how your door functions that lead to more costly repairs.
- An uneven door: One easy test to see whether your garage door is in good shape is to open it halfway and check on whether it’s balanced or whether one side is higher than the other. If you notice a balance issue, it often indicates an alignment issue, which can be both dangerous and costly if you don’t fix it quickly.
Though some repairs are quick and some are costly, it’s clear that when you need garage door repair in McDonough, GA, you’ll want to turn to a shop staffed with knowledgeable people who want you to be satisfied with their services. With that in mind, Affordable Dock & Door is the best choice around. For over 20 years, we have charmed our customers with our focus on service and our commitment to offering the best in our industry.
On top of repair work, Affordable Dock & Door can install whatever garage door you’d like, whether you choose from our stock or we custom-design a door for your needs. Call today to find out more!