Loading dock levelers are extremely beneficial tools for any warehouse. Any business that does shipping or receiving and handles pallets of various sizes can benefit from the installation of a loading dock and a loading dock leveler, which makes it easy to transfer goods from truck to warehouse.
Here are just a few examples of some of the ways a loading dock leveler in McDonough, GA can benefit your company:
- Safety: Loading dock levelers are highly safe in addition to being very functional, so you can easily transport all the goods you’re receiving into your warehouse without having to worry about an incident occurring. So long as all of your staff are properly trained in how to use your loading dock and loading dock leveler, you can complete your everyday shipping and receiving tasks safely and efficiently.
- Easy to use: You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to use a loading dock leveler. When used in conjunction with automated loading docks in McDonough, GA, you’ll be able to avoid manual operation and can get your inventory where you need it to go as quickly as possible. This means you can cut down on the amount of work your employees have to do when it comes to shipping and receiving and allow them to allocate their valuable time to other, more important areas of your warehouse operations.
- Capable of withstanding heavy loads: Depending on the loading dock system you’re using, you could potentially handle loads of up to 100,000 pounds, or 50 tons. They’re capable of handling heavy traffic, which will prevent your loading dock and leveler from collapsing under the pressure put on top of them during transport of your goods.
- Truck compatibility: Many loading dock levelers come equipped with truck restraints, which are a series of hooks that get attached onto the ICC bar on the truck. This keeps the truck in place during the process of loading or unloading the goods you’re shipping or receiving. Truck-compatible loading docks in McDonough, GA go a long way toward preventing injuries, because they add an extra safety component that makes sure the truck will not accidentally roll or drive away while goods are being taken in or loaded up.
- Time efficiency: Loading docks and levelers help you save time when loading and unloading your goods, because they allow you to perform both processes in the exact same place without having to move the trucks. By expediting the loading and unloading processes, you’re able to get the vehicles back on the road faster, ensuring your customers get their goods as soon as possible. This also reduces the amount of fuel the trucks consume, as it cuts down on the amount of time they spend idling.
For more information about the various benefits associated with the use of loading docks and loading dock levelers in McDonough, GA, we encourage you to reach out to the team at Affordable Dock & Door today. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have for us!