When you think of a garage door, the first thing that pops into your mind probably isn’t lubrication, but perhaps it should be! Your garage door’s components must be well oiled for the door to perform its best. This post will cover things to look for when shopping for a garage door lubricant in McDonough, GA:
- Brand name: Just like with any product, there are numerous garage door lubricant brands on the market. Although they may cost more, we recommend going with a name-brand lubricant instead of a generic. A few of the top brands include 3-In-One, Blaster, DuPont and Liquid Wrench. Any product made by these companies is likely to work well for you and your door.
- Long-lasting protection: A garage door should only need to be lubricated once every six months to a year. Ask your garage door professional if the lubricant will last for at least six months. If not, the product isn’t worth your investment.
- Bottle size: It typically doesn’t take a ton of product to lubricate your door, so you don’t need much for each application. However, you may want to consider buying a few bottles at once or purchasing a larger-sized bottle. Having some on hand when you need it saves you a trip to the store and can be less expensive in the long run.
- Cleanup: Speaking of getting dirty, be sure that the lubricant you buy is easy to clean up if spilled. Drips are likely during application, and the best lubricants can be easily cleaned up with soap and water.
- Ease of use: Lubricants either come in a spray can or in a bottle that you rub on. Lubricants in spray cans are preferable to homeowners who don’t like getting their hands dirty during home improvement projects.
Benefits of using a quality lubricant
You could buy a cheap lubricant from a hardware store, but that’s generally not the best idea. Here are the reasons to invest in a high-quality garage door lubricant in McDonough, GA:
- Better protection: The old saying “you get what you pay for” applies to garage door lubricants. The high-quality products mentioned above offer excellent protection for months on end.
- Increases the door’s lifespan: Thorough lubrication of your door’s chains, gears and other moving components ensures your door lasts for years without failing. Invest in high-quality lubricant to guarantee your door works without fail for years to come.
- Saves money: Although you’ll probably spend a few more dollars at the store each time you buy high-quality lubrication, you’ll save yourself money in the long run. Since quality lubricants work better, you’ll avoid wasting money on expensive garage door repairs.
Purchasing quality garage door lubricant in McDonough, GA is one thing. Applying it, however, is entirely different. Working with garage doors can be dangerous, so consider calling our pros at Affordable Dock & Door to handle lubrication. We perform everything from new door installation to standard tune-ups, and we’re available 24/7 for emergency repairs. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment!