Garage doors can take a beating over the years—and after a while, they become a sad-looking shell of their former selves. Even if they still open and close without any issues, the faded colors or chipped paint really gives your home a bad reputation among the neighbors. If your door doesn’t look as good as it once did, continue reading to learn some easy ways to update your garage door in McDonough, GA:
- Stain or paint: The easiest way to breathe new life into your garage door is to stain or re-paint the exterior. Purchase a stain that mimics the look of real hardwood to give your garage door a timeless appearance. Or, you can pick up paint in a fun color that makes your garage door pop! Just be sure to take your time to ensure the door is properly coated.
- Spring replacement: If your garage door has trouble opening or closing, the springs may be on their last legs. In addition to underperforming, older springs can snap suddenly and cause serious injuries. Hiring a professional to replace your springs every seven years or so helps keep your family safe and your door in proper working order.
- New garage door track: Even if the springs are fresh, if your garage door track is bent or rickety, the door will have a hard time opening and closing each day. Replacing the track if it becomes damaged is the most effective way to ensure your door works its best and the system lasts for as long as possible.
- Battery backup: Unless your garage door opener has a battery backup, you can be stuck in a tough spot when the power goes out. Talk to a professional about installing an opener with a backup battery that’ll work when the power’s out at your house.
- Smart opener: If your current garage door is controlled with the old remote control, it’s time to upgrade to a smart opener! A smart garage door is controlled with an app on your smartphone. In addition to adding an extra layer of convenience to your daily routine, smart openers are more secure than older garage door openers.
Hire Affordable Dock & Door to upgrade your garage!
Updating your garage door can be a DIY project, but we always recommend hiring professionals for the task. These are a few reasons to choose our crew at Affordable Dock & Door to pimp your garage door in McDonough, GA:
- Decades of experience: With over two decades of experience in the garage door industry, we know a thing or two at Affordable Dock & Door! Trust us when we say there’s no garage door project we can’t handle.
- Wide range of services: From new installation to maintenance and repairs, we’re your one-stop shop for all of your garage door needs. We even offer 24/7 emergency services!
If you’re tired of the way your garage door looks, then call our pros at Affordable Dock & Door today! We’re the best team in town when it comes to redoing garage doors in McDonough, GA.